Saturday, September 10, 2011

Why I hate Steam!

I'm sitting here waiting for a game to launch in Steam and I figured, "why not?", let's blog about how I hate what Steam does.

I first signed up with Steam when I purchased Half-Life 2, which I think is about when they first started. That wasn't so much of a problem, and years later when I wanted to play the game again and found that (for some reason) I didn't have my disc 1 of the game, it was nice to be able to download and install the game purely from my Steam login. Well, that was a while ago...

Since then, I've purchased a few more games off of Steam. The latest of which is Dragon Age: Origins, which is what I'm currently waiting to play...So why do I really hate Steam right now? First off, I already installed the game, activated all of the content, and have also downloaded a few updates. All I really want to do right now is play the god damn game, yet when I launch it, I'm greeted with a Steam prompt saying it has to install it. Well, first off, fuck you, it's already installed. What you probably meant to say is that there's an update...fine, but fix your shit and say what you really mean, oh, and by the way, I just updated it a few days ago when I last played it. Why the hell are you making me wait for you to "install" (update) it, when you could easily just ask if I'd like to update it? It's not like this game is online only! It worked before, there's no reason it shouldn't work now.


No comments: